Structural Steel Provides Clear Advantages for Your Building Project
If you’re creating project plans for a new building, you are likely evaluating the costs and benefits of a variety of building materials. There’s one decision that’s easy: the choice of structural steel for your project. No other material has the distinct advantages of steel. Here are eight reasons why there is no alternative to structural steel:
- It’s cost-effective. No other material for structural framing provides the same benefit. Not only is it a good choice for its initial low cost, but it also reduces your costs related to the foundation and façade systems.
- Structural steel supports a more streamlined building process. Your structural steel is fabricated off-site while your foundation and site preparation work are being completed. Once your foundation is ready, the steel erection can be done quickly and efficiently.
- You maximize floor space. The lightweight, yet strong quality of structural steel makes it possible to eliminate the need for columns or other support structures, giving you the opportunity to maximize your square footage.
- Designers love it. Using structural steels gives you a wide range of possibilities for design. It can be curved or rolled and accommodates any unique building design.
- It’s adaptable. A structural steel design can always be adjusted and reconfigured to address future design or building requirements.
- Its quality is predictable. Steel is fabricated off-site, with precise, controlled conditions to make a consistent, predictable product.
- Your productivity improves. Structural steel is fabricated using an advanced supply chain, with specialized technology like computer-aided technology. This eliminates errors and keeps your project on-schedule.
- It’s an environmentally responsible choice. The structural steel industry produces an average of 90 percent recycled materials in its mills. In addition, when your building is at the end of its life, 100 percent of the structural steel can be recycled.
Steel is incredibly adaptable to your design. No matter what changes come into your building plans, or how it needs to change in the future to accommodate new requirements, your choice of steel will always be the best option.
Midland Steel is your source for both steel fabrication and erection in the Kansas City metro area. We celebrate a high level of quality from start to finish on every job, and we value the partnerships we make with contractors across the region. Call us today to find out more about using structural steel in your next building project.